Thursday, March 6, 2014

And Here Come The Hunger Pangs

Cinnamon: The natural appetite suppressant
Well, I'm still on Day Two and the sun is setting. And here comes the hunger pangs. This exact thing happened to me when I first went on product. By the evening of Day Two, I wanted to chew my arm off.

I am not having cravings -- this is tummy grumbling that will go away and soon I will be feeling really good, really "de-toxed." So I am digging inside real deep, and remembering that this too shall pass. Right now I am drinking hot cinnamon tea, which is a good appetite suppressant. And I'm blogging here and going to the "Optifast Support" Facebook page. I'll have my soup and pickle spear soon, then my cup of sugar-free Jello before I go to bed. I'm almost home. Day Two is almost in the books.

I need to have a pickle spear a day because my sodium levels get very low when I am on product, and this can be dangerous. Pickles are very low in calories, but quite high in sodium. I don't recommend having them unless you are Optifasting and your sodium drops drastically -- and I found out my did through extensive, twice-monthly, mandatory blood work I had done when I first did the program through my clinic. This is where I encourage everyone to have a blood panel done throughout the course of your fasting. You should know if everything is checking out AOK while you are on product.

As a little "treat" for myself today, I had a facial at lunchtime. I don't think I've had a facial in 20 years. It was wonderful and my skin is glowing. As I was driving home, I remembered how lovely my skin was when I was on product before. All that water we are required to drink. I'm really looking forward to that! I walked my younger Basset, so I was moving. Still fatigued, but I'm glad I pushed myself.

I am thinking tomorrow I will tackle the garden beds and clear them out for Spring. We are apparently going to have temps in the 50s, which is quite a relief after a brutal winter. If I recall correctly, by this weekend I should be stabilizing fairly well. I'm looking forward to that. Have a great night all. "See" you tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment