Monday, March 10, 2014

I Love Mondays!

It's Monday night and Day Six is almost to a close. There's a popular song called "I Hate Mondays" but me personally, I love them when I'm on Optifast! Because I work part-time Monday - Friday, there's structure to my day which makes the timing of having my products even easier. I am also very busy, so there's no time to dwell on food or have cravings.

Subsequently, today was a great day! I've got my product schedule down pat now, my hunger is gone, and I'm feeling really good. I'm going to start walking with a co-worker soon -- the weather looks to be holding in the 50s -- and I'm really looking forward to that.

I did feel a little worried when she came into the office kitchen and saw me having a shake. Would she ask me why I am having products again? But she didn't say anything, so I just finished it and we talked about office matters and whatnot. I know I shouldn't be ashamed or feel weird that I am using Optifast to lose weight. But I do sometimes wonder what people think about me, and I know there are plenty of "naysayers" who think Optifast is a waste of money and time. But to heck with them.

My husband told me tonight that I already look like I've lost weight. I just laughed and said I didn't believe him. The last time I Optifasted, I only lost 4 lbs. the first week, and ZERO lbs. the second week. Wanted to throw in the towel, but decided to stick with the program. And I'm so glad I did. I've got my first week weight loss expectation set very low. I know I'll be on product for awhile.

I'm thrilled that our "Optifast Support" Facebook page is starting to become more active. I could not do this without my Optifast Facebook friends. I also have family and friends cheering me on, and that helps too. This can be a very, very tough program because it's repetitive and restrictive. Having "cheerleaders" is key, I think.

I was thinking today that I really do like the Optifast products and I like being compliant. It makes me feel good about myself. Also, knowing that I put the brakes on my re-gain and I'm bringing my weight back down gives me extra strength and confidence. I'm glad and frankly, relieved that I'm walking the path I am. It's the right one for me.

So tomorrow will be the close of my first week Optifasting the second time around. Not looking ahead, just staying where I am right now: in another successful Optifast day. In a way, time has flown. It seems like just yesterday I was starting. Very, very proud of myself right now. I'm going to pat myself on my back. Way to go Melissa!



No comments:

Post a Comment