Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Week One Almost Done!

Day Seven!
I don't want to jinx things, but it's looking like I am going to successfully make it through Week 1 of Optifasting! Today is Day 7 and I'm feeling great. Woke up early and I'm having my coffee before getting ready for work. Honestly, it feels like this week has flown by. I think this may be why I was able to stick to a 9 month mostly full fast the first time around: the days just melted one into another, and before I knew it I hit goal.

I've got my schedule down pat now: Shake at 8:30 a.m.; shake at 12:00 p.m.; shake at 3:00 p.m.; shake and soup at 7:00 p.m.; 1 cup sugar-free Jello at 9:00 p.m. I'm doing Vanilla powdered shakes with either almond or maple extract in them, and I alternate each night between the Chicken and Tomato soups. I add salt-free Indian spices to the soups. Found those at a specialty spice shop in one of our local markets.

Everything right now is "so far, so good." Ever the worrier though, I'm on guard for any temptations that might crop up today. I was also thinking about those times before when I started to get bored with my routine -- but I'm going to try to not jump into the future. That does me no good. Today I love my routine, it gives me great relief, and I feel wonderful!

No big plans today. Just going to work, then to the grocery to buy things for my husband's dinner, walk the Bassets, and settle in for the evening. Should be quite a peaceful day. Which is nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment