Friday, March 14, 2014

Week 1 Weigh-In: Down 4 Pounds!

Good morning dear readers! I'm thrilled to report I weighed myself today and I am down 4 lbs.! This might not sound like much, but to me this is quite a victory. I stepped on the scale cautiously, worried about what number would appear. To see I had dropped from 189 lbs. to 185 lbs. was so uplifting. Only 25 lbs. more to go!

Importantly, my commitment to the fast is reinforced even more. It's wonderful to see progress -- no matter how small -- when you have been working hard to stay compliant day after day. And it makes me want to keep going to reach my goal I achieved before: 160 lbs.

I'm glad I picked Fridays for my weigh-ins because I go into the weekend wanting to protect my weight loss and continue in the "down" direction. As you know, weekends can be very challenging, particularly for me because I don't have that structure I have from working Monday - Friday. Right now I say, "Bring it on!" I'm ready for it!

I have to get ready for work so I'll sign off now. I just wanted to share this exciting news. Onward we go!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations - that's a wonderful week 1! Well done on making it through the tough first week too. :-)
    I've followed you here from your other blog - thanks for posting that you were here for the time being.

    ReplyDelete